Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hobbits, Gangsters and a Ceiling Vote

Everyday is a struggle for me. I wake up in the morning, turn on the news, and try to stop giving a damn about politics. It doesn't work. I find myself screaming and throwing my Kashi at the morning news.


Recently, it's been over the topic of the debt ceiling. It's been a rough couple weeks watching many of the Freshman 87-- some which are Tea Party nutters-- make a blood-brother oath to say no to any debt ceiling increase, no matter the terms.

Now normally I like oaths among far-right fucktards, because typically they involve Kool-Aid and ritual suicide, but this has yet to happen, much to my dismay. In fact, it seems many of these Congress members are gaining strength, bent on a mission to protect some ideal.

The Wall Street Journal likened it to the hobbits on their quest to defeat Mordor

But simliar to how politics pulls me in despite my resistance, these times remind me of Godfather, albeit the very shitty Godfather III. Except we aren't dealing with the mafia, just an unreasonable clan of people willing to do whatever it takes to increase their capital and protect their livelihood. Oh wait...

If you think that I'm being too tough on the 'No Gang', by blatantly comparing them to mobsters, then I'm sorry. I mean, it's not like they opened their Tuesday morning meeting by watching clips from 'The Town' or anything. Oh wait...

I'll leave you guys with the aforementioned clip from 'The Town.' See if you don't want to fuck some people's lives up after watching it. I'm going to go watch 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' and try to forget I give a damn about any of this.

No comments: