Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dog Found; Woman Still Missing

As I've mentioned before, I went to school to be a journalist. I realized a little late in the game that they prefer you not refer to Republicans as "super-retarded closet cases," and that was a deal-breaker.

But I decided to finish my degree, and therefore had to take on a few internships. Currently, I am a news intern at an NPR-affiliate in Florida. As an intern, majority of my time is spent re-writing AP stories, and occasionally I come across one so ridiculous I need to share. Enjoy.


AP-FL--Missing Woman-Police Dog,96
Police dog goes missing while searching for woman
 Eds: APNewsNow.
     PORT ORANGE, Fla. (AP) - Officials say a police dog that went
missing while searching for a central Florida woman has been found.
     The German shepherd, named Rex, broke away from his lead Tuesday
afternoon while looking for 43-year-old Toni M. Contarino.
     Police say Contarino had left work in a "depressed state" on
Tuesday and was reported missing after leaving her cell phone and
other items at her home.
     The police dog was found overnight. Officials believe he may
have been chasing after wildlife in the area.
     Anyone with information about Contarino should call the Port
Orange Police Department at 386-756-7400.
    
     ---
     Information from: Orlando Sentinel,
http://www.orlandosentinel.com
    
     (Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)
    
 AP-NY-07-27-11 0554EDT

No comments: