Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Babies and Constitutionality

Hey guys!

Sorry for the spotty posts lately, but I've been rather busy with preparations for the arrival of my new nephew. Basically, baby showers and buying an obscene amount of diapers. It's been fun, you know, as much fun as watching a room full of women ogle receiving blankets can be.

But I am insanely excited to meet my nephew. I'm becoming an aunt for the first time, and I can't help but think of all the things I want to teach him.

How to swear with gusto, of course.

To never trust someone named Santorum.

That a barista is not an acceptable career path.

And most importantly, that some people in this world are douchenozzles, but for the most part they are outnumbered by remarkable people. I want to make sure he knows that these remarkable people will come in a variety of packages.

I was thinking about this a lot today. During this time of introspection, I heard that Prop 8 was deemed unconstitutional.

It's not often that a news story gives me hope for the future, but I couldn't help but think that maybe this sweet little boy won't need me to tell him that remarkable people come in all different packages.

Maybe no one will tell him differently.

Maybe he'll just know.

7 comments:

MonsteRawr said...

There's hope. Forward movement and hope. Godamnit, I WILL be a bridesperson at my best friend's wedding to her girlfriend!

PAPS said...

Hmmm.. Something to think of.
www.thoughtsofpaps.com

Scarlett said...

Ahhh cute! I love the optimism! xx

Kayleigh said...

Congratulations!! I was so excited when mu godson was born! I'm sure you'll be his favorit aunty!!

Pauline said...

Love this.

Anonymous said...

Nieces and nephews are so much fun. You get to spoil them and teach them how to say 'fuck', while hiding it from their mother, who would kill you. I am a wonderful aunt, aren't I?

Unknown said...

I love nieces and nephews. Sadly, mine live in another state and I am not around to teach them the ways of the world (or how to bitch about the world with grace like I do). Congrats on yours.. even if this is a premature congrats.