Friday, June 24, 2011

Right to Google Bomb

A few GOP-presidential hopefuls are in my town for the "Right-to-Life Conference." Now there's nothing more I love than a bunch of rich, white dudes telling me what to do with my body, but I need a favor.

Rick Santorum, bigot-extraordinaire, is one of the hopefuls in town hoping to appeal to the whackjob, conservative vote. For all of you guys that are unaware, Santorum got himself into a little bit of a Google-search snafu in 2003. I'll give you the cliff notes version.

  1. Republican Senator Rick Santorum made a few quotes comparing homosexuality to child molestation, incest and bestiality. 
  2. Dan Savage, sex-columnist (and now founder of the "It Gets Better Project"), got pissed and asked his very loyal readers to think of a new definiton for the word "santorum"
  3. The winning definition was: Santorum -- a frothy mix of lube and fecal matter sometimes the byproduct of anal sex.
  4. The definition was put on the website "Spreading Santorum."
  5. Savage fans google-bombed the site.
  6.  The definition site and its wiki page to this day bill before the then senator, now presidential-nominee's webite.
In honor of Mr. Santorum being in my city trying to end my reproductive rights, I would like to encourage anyone who reads this blog to go and visit the "Spreading Santorum" website. I would not call this google-bombing but fair competition. He thinks I shouldn't have a choice, I think his name should always be associated with a frothy mix of lube and fecal matter sometimes the byproduct of anal sex.

Also, this Colbert clip talking about Santorum's google issue is like an angel hug.
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/374851/february-21-2011/rick-santorum-internet-search

No comments: