Sunday, November 10, 2013

Some Babies are Hideously Ugly and Other Things Overheard in a Coffee Shop

While cleaning the lobby of the unspecified coffee shop that I work at, I overheard a couple discussing the following:

Wife: (checking Facebook on her phone) My sister put the pictures up of [baby name]. 
Husband: (not looking up from his iPad) That's the ugliest fucking baby I've ever seen. 
Wife: Oh my God, I can't believe you said that. He's adorable. 
Husband: Are you joking? That kid looks like it wasn't cooked all the way. 
Wife: (Stunned silence) 
Husband: As a matter of fact, I'm pretty pissed that she's putting those pictures on Facebook and I'm being forced to look at them. What if I was eating? 
Wife: That is our nephew you're talking about! 
Husband: And he's hideous.


And that's how I met my favorite customer of all time.

No comments: