As most of you know, and by most I mean the 10-15 people who read this blog/stumble upon this blog while searching for barista porn, I hurt my shoulder while reaching out of my store's drive-thru window. Yes, I'm quite aware that this is easily the least badass way a person could injure him/herself.
Anyway, I'm in a sling and banished to taking money, misspelling people's names on cups and getting harassed by people asking, "What'd ya do to your arm?" It's almost endearing that people feign concern over my injury. I say feign because most of the exchanges go a little something like this.
Concerned Customer: What's wrong with your arm?
Yours truly: I'm not sure exactly. I get my MRI results..
Not-So-Concerned Customer: That's too bad. Make sure I get my whip cream on that Pumpkin Spice Latte.
But not everyone is more concerned with their coffee milkshake than my overall well-being. Just today, I had a man who resembled ZZ Top remind me that at least I can still give handjobs with my other arm. You sir, are making lemons into lemonade. Thank you!
Speaking of handjobs, I asked my boss if I could tell people that I hurt my arm because I'm an over-zealous masturbator. She told me only if I wanted to lose my job--so I'm still debating that one. But I've been thinking about alternative stories to explain why I'm in a sling, so far I've come up with the following:
1. I have shoulder leprosy. Don't worry, I don't think it's contagious.
2. I bought Bud Light instead of Budweiser. Please help me.
3. It's a lot more strenuous to give yourself an abortion than one would think.
4. I was trying to copy Miley Cyrus and fell off of a wrecking ball.
5. Arm wrestled a shark. Don't ask.
6. Sometimes the voices get so loud. And I didn't mean to cut off his entire penis. It just happened.
7. They tried to take my guns.
8. What arm?
9. Have you ever read 50 Shades of Grey?
10. I hyperextended my shoulder handing out a drink to a customer who didn't understand that my ass is not Inspector fucking Gadget, but don't worry I can still give handjobs.
That should get me through about 4 minutes.
Any of you deviants have some more suggestions for me? Now remember I work in a small, extremely conservative town--so the more offensive the better. If you can somehow incorporate Ronald Reagan's ghost personally injuring me, you get bonus points.